Women are joining gyms and running in marathons in record numbers. They are also learning about the preventive effect of exercise on diseases and conditions, including depression, heart disease, osteoporosis, dementia and breast cancer. Anatomy of Exercise for Women provides women of all ages with exercise programs that will bring great benefits in physical fitness, psychological well-being and meeting the challenges of daily life.
Like all of the books in the series, this title contains:
- Detailed, full-color anatomical illustrations for all the exercises
- Annotations identifying the active and stabilizing muscles
- Concise how-to instructions for each exercise
- Identification of the specific muscles that benefit the most from each exercise
- Suggested modifications for different levels of difficulty
- A glossary of anatomical terms.
Exercises are presented individually and then also in pre-designed workouts that let women focus on what they want most to improve: Leaner Legs, Thighs and Glutes; Arm Toner; Core Strength and Stability; All-Over Toner; and Working the Waistline. The Beginner's and Back to Basics Workouts are excellent overall programs. Stretching exercises help to alleviate stress and fatigue, improve posture and increase flexibility.